Ronald J. MacDougall
I am a highly poised professional with over 15 years experience in the hospitality industry dedicated to providing each and every guest I meet with the highest level of communication, sensitivity, personal services, customer care, follow-through and the desired results they seek to make their stay – one to remember.
A highly skilled “concierge on duty” coordinating transportation, area activities, restaurant reservations, requests for special occasions, meeting and greeting upon arrival, escorting to rooms/suites, inspecting the rooms/suites prior to arrival to ensure a quality stay.
Honored with several recognition nominations for ‘Star of the Month’ with top awards of ‘Employee of the Month.’ Featured in a variety of media outlets (including television and magazine) for my Resort Host duties to the ‘Stars.’ A few hundred letters, notes, emails, and other recognition from VIP’s I assisted for the high level of service I provided to each of them during their stays.
Active member of the Central Florida Concierge Association (CFCA) since 2008 – Present
Presently active and a member of the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce, served on the Board, active as an Ambassador, and held other voluntary positions.
My resume is enclosed for your review and welcome the opportunity to tell you how my skills and experience can benefit your team.
Providing the highest level of customer service by continually exceeding each guest expectation with exceptional care, outstanding results and providing the ‘WOW’ factor.
Front Desk/VIP Concierge Manager Nov. 2013-Oct. 2014
The Birchwood Inn
• Managed a staff of 12 team members comprised of front desk agents, housekeepers, maintenance personnel and janitors.
• Oversaw the implementation of reservations, room assignments, the accurate inputting of reservations into room Master/InnQuest, preparation of folios prior to and after guest departure, assisting with luggage from car to room, and valet parking cars.
• Mentored and trained the housekeeping department in all aspects of guest experience, including the highest level and efficiency, cleanliness and personal attention to detail.
• Created the strategic plan for the front office including planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Inn, front of the house, and always finding ways to motivate the team members in giving the highest level of customer/guest service.
• Designed and implemented new plans of action to further advance our high standards by training team members, scheduling days off, and always having a plan ‘B’ in the case of sickness, or other unforeseen circumstances.
• Coordinated room blocks for groups, weddings, corporate functions and worked alongside the Director of Sales & Marketing to offer ideas, and assist event/wedding planners.
Resort Host/Certified Concierge Nov. 2002-Nov. 2013
Loews Don CeSar Hotel
• Served as the personal concierge to hotel VIP’s, including dignitaries, politicians, celebrities, meeting planners, CEO/CFO/COO’s for both Fortune and Non Fortune 500 Companies, film crews, professional athletes, brides, among others.
• Managed a variety of requests for transportation, in room amenities, special dietary requests, and dining options. Personally oversaw each VIP during his/her stay with daily communications to ensure a comfortable stay.
• On-call 24/7 for each VIP guest should any issues, concerns, or requests arise.
Certified Concierge; The Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association